- Job Location: Cookstown
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Closing Date: 17 May 2021
Reporting to the Contracts Director, as Contracts Manager you be responsible for the coordination of all project disciplines in conjunction with the Project Manager across multiple sites, managing the design and ultimately delivering high-quality jobs on programme.
- Manage two or more projects concurrently across various locations.
- Manage several project teams and supply chains to deliver projects to cost, time and quality standards.
- Provide a strategic link between the design department, commercial team and site;
- Take a proactive approach to managing Health and Safety on site by ensuring safety targets are maintained and actively seek input from all members of site team’s on implementing safety improvements.
- Produce accurate, consistent and professional records, reports and general information;
- Act as the main interface with the clients and government officials; Engage with the client frequently, building rapport and ensuring you have a clear understanding of their objectives and are able to cascade this to the team.
- Ensure all processes are being adhered to on a project by project basis;
- Survey sites to mitigate problems and check viability of design;
- Ensure each product meets customer expectation in relation to build and finish;
- Manage and coordinate sub-contract and direct labour workforces;
- Provide labour costing for various projects to determine feasibility and profitability;
- Customer relationship management to ensure customer satisfaction;
- Supervise and coach staff as and when development is required
- Produce reports on job progress and remedials
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in a construction related discipline would be desirable however not essential;
- Previous experience of running £20M+ projects working for a main contractor;
- Commercially aware with extensive knowledge of all disciplines involved in the construction process including design coordination, quantity surveying and procurement;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage client relationships, strong planning and organisation skills;
- A planned and proven career path in a Construction Management;
- Proven ability of working on several projects simultaneously;
- In-depth knowledge of Health & Safety and other regulatory matters;
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills;
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills;
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and;
- Flexible and positive approach to working hours and various locations throughout the UK and Ireland.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028867 63741 to discuss in confidence.
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer.