- Job Location: Head Office - Cookstown
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Closing Date: 27 September 2021
Reporting to the Commercial Director, as an Estimator you will be required to provide tendering and detailed cost estimates on Construction projects within the Commercial sector with values ranging from £20m to £100m.
- Appraisal of tender documents
- Preparing tender Bills of Quantities
- Completion of tender documentation and submission of the tender
- Risk management throughout the tender period and preparation of the tender Risk Register
- Value engineering throughout the design phase
- Visit site to identify site specific risks
- Attending mid & post tender interviews with the client team
- Ensuring timely responses to all correspondence
- Accurate filing of all tender documents
- Prepare budgets and cost plans
- Preparation of material and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective subcontractors
- Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with project team
- Ensure a smooth handover of the project to the site team
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in Quantity Surveying or other relevant discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant estimating experience preferably gained with a Design & Build Main Contractor.
- A detailed understanding of the commercial aspects of the construction industry
- Working knowledge of form of contract such as JCT and NEC3
- Highly motivated, driven with ability to work individually or part of a team
- Flexible and positive approach.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
To apply for this role please forward your CV to email@example.com or call 028 8676 3741 to discuss in confidence.
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.