- Job Location: Various UK & Ireland
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Closing Date: 7th February 2022
Reporting to the Site Manager, as Senior Site Engineer you will be an integral part of an on-site management team tasked with delivering a quality project, on budget, safely and on time.
- Supporting the Site Manager with daily operations.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete frame contractor.
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site; QA, temporary works checks, temporary works co-ordination.
- Checking plans and drawings.
- Prior knowledge of calling off reinforcement from schedules and ability to read reinforcement drawings.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the construction design drawings supplied by the structural engineer, architect & MEP engineers.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the McAleer & Rushe “Think Smart” management of Health & Safety on site.
- Preparing reports as required for the Site Manager and Project Manager.
- Pro-active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and/or other problems that may arise and associated reporting to Site Manager and Project Manager.
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in engineering or other relevant discipline.
- A current valid CSR / CSCS Card.
- A minimum of 5 years postgraduate experience including 2 years as lead Engineer.
- Previous experience of setting out £3M+ structures.
- Previous experience of reinforcement call off preferred.
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations.
- Excellent communication and planning skills.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD.
- Flexibility with regards to site location within the UK & Ireland.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 8676 3741 to discuss in confidence.
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.