- Job Location: Various UK & Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Closing Date: 27 September 2021
Our SHEQ (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) Department provides group wide services to McAleer and Rushe Contracts UK Ltd and extended groups. Reporting to the SHEQ Director, as SHEQ Administrator you will be responsible for monitoring on site activities to ensure that all employees, sub-contractors and visitors comply with company policies. This position is based at our Head Office, Cookstown and will be fixed term for up to 12 months, which may be extended or established.
- Maintain internal reports, training records and filing
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient departmental operations
- Liaise with subcontractors on all health, safety and environmental issues during the design, construction, commissioning & handover of schemes.
- Carry out Safety Audits observing workers to ensure that they are following company safety policies.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all employees, sub-contractors and visitors to site.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Policies and Safety Compliance.
- Participate in site progress meetings and complete weekly site investigation report.
- Conduct weekly site safety meetings, recoding & circulating minutes of actions agreed.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings and training as required.
Education / Experience:
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above (to include Maths and English)
- A degree / HND in a construction or business-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a similar role is desirable not essential
- ISOH/ NEBOSH Certificate desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a busy, deadline driven working environment is essential as the role demands the ability to handle multiple submissions simultaneously
- Experience of using databases, spreadsheets and the internet for reporting purposes
- Experience of creating professional documentation to a very high standard with particular focus on accuracy
- Creative flair coupled with the drive to produce bespoke tailored documents that accurately portray and sell the company
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and initiative to help achieve winning tender success for the company
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to develop good working relationships with all company departments
To apply for this role please forward your CV to email@example.com or call 028867 63741 to discuss in confidence.
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer.