Why Choose McAleer & Rushe to start your career?
On the job learning
At McAleer & Rushe we believe in learning from experience and embracing responsibility from the outset. You will hit the ground running by learning on the job, be it in the office, on-site or most likely both.
All participants on the programme will be paired with a mentor. For the Building Services and Commercial Management graduates this means working with a Senior Services Coordinator and Senior QS respectively.
Our Construction Management graduates will be paired up with a Project Manager but they will also be given an onsite buddy as well.
During your two years on the programme you will work in partnership with your mentor and you will be given real responsibility and independence. If you have any issues or challenges your mentor will be there as a means of support to guide and advise you, helping you achieve your career goals.
Should you wish to pursue chartership with the CIOB, RICS, IMechE or any other professional body, the company will cover the membership fee and support you through the process.
All graduates receive structured training relevant to their subject discipline. This includes but is not limited to H&S, Quality Control, Supervisory / Management and site specific training.
Rewards / Benefits
- Accommodation and flights provided
- Competitive salary
- Pay increase after ﬁrst year for graduates
- 29 days holiday entitlement, with December holiday shut down
- Pension scheme with company contribution
- Opportunity to work on award winning projects
- Gym subsidy available
- Placement students who have performed toa high calibre will be rewarded with McAleer& Rushe making a contribution to their ﬁnalyear University fees.
- Fast track career progression
- Travel opportunities the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland
- Volunteering and charity opportunities
- Participation in project team and company wide events including team building days
“I have been involved in 3 key hotel developments in London and Aberdeen. When I joined McAleer & Rushe as a Graduate Engineer I was mentored by the Site Manager and given the opportunity to be involved from day one. I gained invaluable experience as I was involved in setting out piles, foundations and moved on to vertical elements of the concrete frame.“
Eoin Gormley Construction Engineering & ManagementView job opportunities