- Job Location: Head Office - Cookstown
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Closing Date: 14th June 2021
Our buying team provides group wide services to McAleer & Rushe Contracts UK and extended groups. Reporting directly into Head of Buying your primary responsibility will be for managing the effective and efficient procurement process to ensure best quality, service and cost are achieved whilst maintaining and developing supplier relationships.
- Direct and indirect sourcing and buying of materials, equipment, components, services and parts.
- Responsible for supplier verification and validation.
- Identify potential supply problems – proactively assessing and communicating the impact on project costs and/ or delivery to allow corrective action to be taken.
- Support the introduction of new material suppliers and components.
- Maintain a performance management process for all suppliers and subcontractors ensuring materials, goods and services are on time and meet quality standards.
- Manage supplier portfolios and development of new suppliers.
- Liaise with other departments and provide an effective procurement process.
- Ensure price, quality, lead times and traceability throughout the procurement process.
- Develop secondary options as a backup and source secondary options.
- Ensure all requisitions and the issuing of purchase orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement procedures to reduce spend and achieve cost savings.
- 3+ years’ experience in purchasing within a Construction environment is essential.
- Experience in the Procurement of Subcontract packages is desirable.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to interact with all project personnel.
- Well organised with a methodical. energetic, proactive and confident approach to work.
- Ability to work to deadlines individually and as part of a team.
- A full clean driving licence.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel to UK to meet business needs and requirements.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 8676 3741 to discuss in confidence.
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.