- Job Location: Various UK & Ireland
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Closing Date: 17 May 2021
Reporting to the Contracts Director, as Project Manager you be responsible for the coordination of all project disciplines in conjunction with the Site Manager, managing the design and ultimately delivering a high-quality job on programme. The role would be based in the Head Office located in Cookstown.
- Manage the project team and supply chain to deliver project to cost, time and quality standards.
- Provide a strategic link between the design department, commercial team and site.
- Take a proactive approach to managing Health and Safety on site by ensuring safety targets are maintained and actively seek input from all members of the site team on implementing safety improvements.
- Produce accurate, consistent and professional records, reports and general information.
- Act as the main interface with the client and government officials. Engage with the client frequently, building rapport and ensuring you have a clear understanding of their objectives and are able to cascade this to the team.
- Survey sites to mitigate problems and check viability of design.
- Ensure the project meets clients’ expectation in relation to build and finish.
- Manage and coordinate sub-contract and direct labour workforces.
- Provide labour costing for various projects to determine feasibility and profitability.
- Supervise and coach staff as and when development is required.
- Produce reports on job progress.
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in a construction related discipline would be desirable.
- Previous experience of running £20M+ projects working for a main contractor.
- Commercially aware with extensive knowledge of all disciplines involved in the construction process including design coordination, quantity surveying and procurement.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage client relationships, strong planning and organisation skills.
- Good career continuity with a passion for construction and building.
- A planned and proven career path in Construction Management.
- Proven ability of working on several projects simultaneously.
- In-depth knowledge of Health & Safety and other regulatory matters.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Flexible and positive approach to working hours and various locations throughout the UK and Ireland.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028867 63741 to discuss in confidence.
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer.