- Job Location: London
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Closing Date: 2 February 2024
Reporting to the Site Manager, as Senior Site Engineer you will be an integral part of an on-site management team tasked with delivering a quality project, on budget, safely and on time.
- Supporting the Site Manager with daily operations as required
- Acting as the main technical adviser on site for specialist subcontractors, concrete frame contractor
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site; QA, temporary works checks, temporary works co – ordination
- Checking plans, drawings and setting out co – ordination;
- Prior knowledge of calling off reinforcement from schedules and ability to read reinforcement drawings
- Ensuring that all materials used, and work performed are as per specifications;
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the construction design drawings supplied by the structural engineer, architect & MEP engineers
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the McAleer & Rushe “Think Smart” management of health & safety on site;
- Preparing reports as required for senior site manager & project manager;
- Pro – active approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise and associated reporting to senior site manager and project manager.
- Any other duties as required by management.
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in engineering or other relevant discipline
- A current valid CSR / CSCS Card
- A minimum of 5 years postgraduate experience
- Previous experience of setting out £5m+ structures
- Previous experience of calling off reinforcement and ability to read reinforcement drawings
- Operational knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivated with a drive to achieve results
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and AutoCAD
- Flexibility with regards to site location within the UK & Ireland
- Candidates should have the appropriate work permit or the right to work in the UK.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 8676 3741 to discuss in confidence.
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.