- Job Location: Various UK & Ireland
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Closing Date: 5 April 2021
Reporting to the Project Manager, as Site Manager you will be responsible for the on-site management team tasked with delivering a quality project, on budget, safely and on time.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to plan the project effectively ensuring project requirements, specifications, design drawings and Health & Safety proposals are agreed and a programme is in place.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site management team and the work of any subcontractors.
- Manage all site-based operatives, overseeing all aspects of their work including carrying out safety inductions, tool box talks, controlling the quality of work, ensuring method statement and order fulfilment, cleanliness and tidiness, the use of plant and tools, the reduction of waste and use of PPE.
- Full responsibility for managing and maintaining the client relationship function to ensure client satisfaction.
- Reviewing performance against targets and identifying and managing potential risks and opportunities.
- Proactive approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise and associated reporting to the Project Manager and Contracts Director.
- Establish and maintain storage facilities for materials, plant and tools managing stock to meet agreed deadlines and budget of the project.
- Managing project handover and ensuring defect/ snag free completion.
- Sharing best practice and driving continuous improvements.
Education / Experience:
- A Degree / HND in a construction related discipline and 3+ years relevant experience OR A minimum of 5 years’ experience gained within similar Site Management roles working on projects ranging from £5M+
- Sound knowledge of latest building regulations, legislation and Health and Safety.
- Knowledge and understanding of CDM regulations.
- A current valid CSR / CSCS Card – preferably held at management level.
- Qualified first aider desirable.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Flexible and positive approach to working hours and various locations throughout the UK and Ireland.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to email@example.com or call 028867 63741 to discuss in confidence.
McAleer & Rushe is an equal opportunities employer.